Another great initiative by Flipkart after Maternity benefit program which entitles as “Adoption Assistance Program” in which if any of the employee will adopt a child then company will give Bonus of Rs.50000 and maternity leaves for taking care of the child.
To encourage this change in attitude as well as a fading stigma about adopting a baby in the society, Flipkart has introduced this new program that includes:
1. Adoption allowance: Employees are eligible for paid adoption leave and INR 50,000 adoption allowance to use towards legal, agency and regulatory costs or any other costs that may arise during the adoption process.
2. Adoption Leave
- Adoptive mothersare given the same amount of time as a maternity leave policy (6 months paid leave + 4 months of flexible working hours)
- Adoptive fathersare eligible for 6 weeks of paid leave under this program
3. Additional time off
- Policy on approved absence is quite flexible and is an added avenue for all the people to support their personal needs and priorities
- Additional extended unpaid leave for up to 3 months will also be available with assurance of continuity on the same job
4. Childcare support: Provide tie-ups with day-care centres which is co-shared between employee and employer (50:50) for children up to 6 years of age
5. Support: From wellness coach on parenting, childcare, emotional health, work-life balance, family health etc.